(66) 34-711-878  |  Hot Line: 1178  | ภาษาไทย
ABOUT US NEWS/ACTIVITIES SERVICES SYSTEM RESIDENCE CONTACT US
Commissioner of Immigration
Bureau
Commander of Immigration
Division 3
Commander of Samutsongkhram
Immigration
Immigration Vision
History of Immigration Bureau
History of Immigration Division 3
History of Samutsongkhram
Immigration
Branch list of Immigration
Division 3

Immigration History

Source : Immigration's duties workbook 23 January 1994

Before 1927 AD.

In the past entering and leaving Thailand was done freely. During the seventh reign of the Bangkok dynasty, King Rama VII Prachathipok issued the royal immigration act 2470 (1927) and created the Immigration Department within the Ministry of the Interior and put it in charge of controlling the arrivals to and departures from Thailand, in order to be in line with other civilised nations. The first head of the Immigration department was Pol. Col. Wichai Prachabal who had a mere 50 officers in his department. In 1932 the Immigration Department was attached to the Police Department and its name changed into Immigration Division.
1932 AD. Thailand changed its political system. At the same time an economic crisis caused the new government to cut its budget, which resulted in the former Immigration Department to be downgraded to the Immigration Division under the command of the Police Department of the Ministry of the Interior in November 1932. In 1935 the Immigration Division moved its headquarters to a new location on South Sathorn Rd. This locality is presently used as accommodation of the Yannawa Police Station. The number of immigration checkpoints and offices was increased in the Northern, Northeastern and Southern regions.
1940 AD. World War II, the Immigration Division asked for permission to use the location of the German embassy, which was controlled by the Thai government, as its new head office. The immigration officers were promoted from civil servants to police officers and given special uniforms in accordance with customs of civilised nations.
1960 AD. On June 22, 1960, the Immigration Division moved into its new built head office at the mouth of Soi Phiphat, which was later used as Foreigner Registry and Taxation Division.
1965 AD. The bureaucracy was reorganised and the duties of the Immigration Division were divided into 5 command divisions and 13 sections, together with 58 regional immigration offices. Later a communication centre was added and some new provincial immigration offices opened.

1973 AD.

Moved to a new location (the present head office) on Soi Suanphlu off South Sathorn Rd. in Sathorn District, Bangkok. The new head office was built on a plot of land belonging to the Treasure Department, measuring 4 rai, 2 ngan, 54 sq. wa. (7,816 m2) The construction of the new building cost a total of 26,842,990 Baht.
Contact to Immigration Bureau
SAMUTSONGKHRAM IMMIGRATION
11/90 Moo 3 Ekachai Street, Tumbon Maeklong, Amper Meung, Samutsongkhram 75000, Thailand
Tel. (66) 34-711-878   Email: songkhram.imm@gmail.com
Home About Us News/Activities Services Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 samutsongkhramimmigration.go.th All rights reserved. Powered by ThaiORC.com